Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Welcome to the Blog

As a D.C. resident of seven years, the transformation that this city has undergone, in terms of food, has been striking. We went from a city of steak houses and Ethiopian to a explosion of cuisine. And I love it. There are so many great places - everything from high-end tasting menus, to hole-in-the-walls - that there are almost endless possibilities.

So I want to review them. Yes, I know there are plenty of restaurant review sites. Yelp has given everyone the ability to write reviews. But I want to put my own twist on it.  I'm asked a lot by friends and family for restaurant recommendations, as I'm a big lover of food and I cook a ton, so I can be a harsh critic. This is actually, in fact, my second blog. I also have a blog, In the Kitchen with Little Buddy, where I cook a variety of dishes. I thought about having restaurant reviews on that site, but it doesn't make as much sense as having another venue.

I will be judging restaurants (loosely) based on a starring criteria. 0 stars is clearly the worst, and three stars being the best. I am not going to just harshly, but rather based on my overall experience and happiness with the meal. At the beginning of each post I will post my star rating.


So I promise honest reviews of places. Eat-in, delivery, take-out, all I will review. Now some of these reviews will certainly not be the first time I've ever eaten at a place. But I think that's okay. Hey, it'll keep me even more honest. And with that, we'll get started. Bon appetit, and have fun dining in my adopted city!


No comments:

Post a Comment